Up Your Skin, Nails And Hair Game With The Only Thing That Actually Works – Vitamin E
|Avocados: Vitamin E Superfood – Pic Courtesy: Foodie Factor (Pexels)|
In the peak of my health and in the rosy bloom of my youth, I had a little excess of it (if I were to make an honest confession). It had been waning ever since (a good thing in the theory of sins, not so much in real life). And it had been hurting me!
The appearance of age spots and pigmented patches had left my skin looking listless and in need of concealers and make up. My Leonine crowning glory, my thick dark hair, was now no longer as thick and was as dry as the Prairies. My nails were now brittle and traumatized. Outside of my innermost circle of friends, no one could guess the pain. Of how much these had been affecting me as a person, my vanity and indeed my confidence. Even words spoken in jest used to leave deep scars and even the thought close up selfies had me running in terror!
I would normally never confess to all these. After all I did try my best at hiding them with well blended foundations, trendy hair cuts and gel nails. But now that I have found a solution that has worked for me, and now that I can see and feel the improvement, I must share it.
Don’t get me wrong, all my problems have not miraculously disappeared overnight. I do not have this elixir of youth that Aladdin’s genie had gifted me once. But the improvement is noticeable, and it is thanks my gynecologist Dr. Margale. For she is the one who tested me for my deficiencies and she is the one who prescribed the solutions. I am grateful to her for a great many things, but that is material for another blog.
What Was The Solution The Worked For Me?
|Evion 400 Capsules|
I have improved my diet. Replaced roti with bhakri wherever possible and reduced portion sizes if nothing else. But this hasn’t even helped me reduce my weight yet. So it could hardly be the reason for the improvement in my hair and skin. But I am no expert, it’s just using deductive logic.
The age spots, they’re still there, sadly. But the darkened raccoon marks surrounding my eyes and those around my mouth has eased up. Either that or I’m just getting better with my make-up. Overall, I am pleased. Now, I even check out Youtube videos for Vitamin E face and hair masks. I am now quite shameless about clipping open the capsules and using the oils for external application. What?! Wait! Doesn’t everyone do that?
So Why Do I Credit Vitamin E?
Why Vitamin E for Skin, Hair & Nails?
• One way to deal with facial scars is to apply Vitamin E topically on them. Vitamin E works as a great scar remover.
• Applying vitamin E serum on your acne can help to reduce inflammation.
• Vitamin E serum soothes sunburns and provides moisture to the damaged skin.
• Rubbing Vitamin E serum onto the nail cuticles moisturizes dry and flaky nails. Get strong nails with repeated use.
• To strengthen your locks, apply Vitamin E serum from root to tips, leave on for a while and then wash off. Do this regularly for better results.
• If you have eczema or psoriasis, or even dry skin, you can apply Vitamin E serum on the itchy spots. This reduces itchiness and provides a moisturizing effect.
• If you repeatedly suffer from chapped lips, try a little Vitamin E. It is a common ingredient in most lip balms anyway.
What’s So Great About Vitamin E Otherwise?
• Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin tocopherol that is useful for maintaining healthy cell membranes. Though deficiencies are rare, they have been increasing over these past decades due to bad diet and unhealthy habits. The USDA maintains that over 90 percent people do not consume the daily recommended 12 mg of Vitamin E.
• The most obscure fact about Vitamin E actually stems from general wisdom. Even if you take Vitamin E supplements, you may not get benefits from it! Shocking right? That’s because of your diet. If you go on fad diets like fat free and low fat diets, you must know that your supplement of any fat soluble vitamin will not reach all the cells in your body. You eat it and it gets thrown out as waste! When you eat no fat, you cannot get the benefit of the vitamin that only dissolves if fat is present. It is as simple as that!
• Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant. It prevents plaque build up in the arteries by preventing the oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol. Vitamin E also prevents cell damage after a stroke or heart disease. It can help to slow the process of ageing.
• Studies say that having higher levels of Vitamin E in the blood stream reduce cataract risks, unless you smoke. It also helps to improve vision and lower the risk of macular degeneration.
• Vitamin E balances hormones. It thus treats related issues such as PMS, anxiety, urinary tract infections, weight gain and even fatigue. Vitamin E can regulate irregular menstrual cycles and help in weight maintenance.
• Vitamin E has anti-inflammatory properties and this can help to protect against Alzheimer’s and neurodegenerative problems. A multi-author study published in the US National Library of Medicine web portal PubMed.gov suggests that vitamin E and C when given together can also decrease the risks of dementia and several of its forms.
• Vitamin E can prevent cancer. By fighting against free radicals, Vitamin E protects cells from tumorous formations, both benign as well as malignant.
• According to study, people who took Vitamin E supplements of at least 400 IU experienced less osteoarthritis pain. This treated arthritis pain better than some NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) even. As an antioxidant, vitamin E works on joints and prevents oxidative damage on them.
• Vitamin E is great for exercise recover and athletic performance. Exercise results in free radicals. Vitamin E counters them to prevent damage. It also improves exercise performance and promotes faster recovery.
• Taking vitamin E supplements works great on women that suffer from dysmenorrhea. Taking Vitamin E two days before the beginning of your periods helps to reduce the pain related to it. Women going through menopause can also take Vitamin E as a 3 month course to reduce the discomfort and pain.
• High vitamin E levels in the body reduce lung cancer risks. One trial suggested that taking 200 to 400 UI Vitamin E daily reduced the lung cancer risk in non smokers by as much as 45 percent!
• Vitamin E is an immune booster. You can reduce your susceptibility to common ailments by giving your body adequate amounts of Vitamin E.
Vitamin E Through Diet
Avocados, sunflower seeds, almonds, kale, spinach and mustard and turnip greens are great sources of Vitamin E. Getting Vitamin E naturally is actually the best way to ensure that you get it in the right quantities. This insulates you from reactions caused by excessive intake.
Excessive intake of Vitamin E causes issue such as preterm labour in pregnant women. Hence, even though Vitamin E is quite the miracle solution to all vanity-related problems, having it in moderation is the best way to go forward. Click on the link to learn more about superfoods for healthy skin.